Get ready to celebrate National Snack Food Month, National Fondue Month and Potato Lover’s Month in February! Here are a few more foodie “holidays” for the new month.
- February 3 – National Carrot Cake Day
- February 4 – Homemade Soup Day
- February 5 – National Chocolate Fondue Day
- February 5 – World Nutella Day
- February 7 – National Fettuccine Alfredo Day
- February 9 – Pizza Pie Day
- February 13 – National Tortellini Day
- February 16 – National Almond Day
- February 20 – National Cherry Pie Day
- February 21 – National Sticky Bun Day
- February 23 – National Banana Bread Day
- February 27 – National Strawberry Day
Grab some zucchini and bananas the next time you’re at the grocery store and try this simple quick bread in celebration of National Banana Bread Day – it makes two loaves!
Banana Zucchini Bread (adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats):
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease two loaf pans (4” x 8”) and set aside.
Combine eggs, sugar and oil in a large bowl, then add bananas and combine. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add dry ingredients to banana mixture, then stir in zucchini. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans.
Bake 60 minutes or until bread tests done in the middle.