Did you know that January is National Candy Month? And Bread Machine Baking Month? Here are a few other reasons to celebrate in January!
- January 1 – Bloody Mary Day
- January 4 – National Spaghetti Day
- January 6 – National Shortbread Day
- January 11 – Milk Day
- January 11 –Hot Toddy Day
- January 15 – Strawberry Ice Cream Day
- January 19 – National Popcorn Day
- January 20 – National Cheese Lover’s Day
- January 23 – National Pie Day
- January 24 – National Peanut Butter Day
- January 27 – Chocolate Cake Day
- January 30 – National Croissant Day
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2/3 cups (1-10 oz. bag) peanut butter chips
Line 8”x8” or 9”x9” pan with foil and grease foil.
Combine milk and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Put approximately 1/3 cup of mixture into a small saucepan and add chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth (return to heat if necessary). Add peanut butter chips to remaining mixture, stirring until melted and smooth (return to heat if necessary).
Spread peanut butter mixture in pan, then drop spoonfuls of chocolate mixture over top. Using a rubber spatula, swirl chocolate into peanut butter. Refrigerate for approximately three hours or until firm; peel foil from fudge and cut into pieces.